Sunday 20 January 2013

WSER Week 3 training summary

So in summary this is what I got up to in this cold, snowy week. A great week exceeding my running mileage target of 55 miles by 3 miles with 58 miles. However the cold put pay to my commute to work on the ElliptiGO as the extreme temps froze my Shimano hub gear leaving me in 8th gear and impossible to tackle any of the hills on route to work. I had to abandon the ride after just 1 mile. But I replaced that session with 45 minutes on the treadmill at max incline followed by a 30 minute meta-fit class which absolutely destroyed me.

I'm really happy with how the first three weeks of training have gone and looking forward to a recovery week of reduced mileages and efforts before I move into the second 3 week block of training where the long runs will gradually increase in distance (and hopefully elevation if I can find some decent hills).



No comments:

Post a Comment