Thursday 31 October 2013

All change please.... Plans for 2014

I thought I would just drop in with a quick word on my plans for 2014 as they have just changed as of today...

This has all come about following my surprising performance in Snowdonia at the weekend. I had only one event planned to 2014 which was going to be the outrageously tough and long T184. This consisted of 184 miles non stop and self supported from the Thames barrier along the Thames Path to the source in the Cotswolds. I was excited about the challenge and entered on a bit of a whim as it looked like selling out fast. However the training commitment for this race was going to be significant and basically be my entire year both before and recovery afterwards.

Following Snowdonia it became clear in my mind that i wanted to come back in 2014 fully trained and ready to give it a real crack. This wasn't going to happen with a month to recover fully from the T184 and then just another month to get in some very limited speed work and taper time. So I've made the decision to pull out of the T184 and commit 100% to one thing - finishing in the top 20 at Snowdonia 2014 (with a sub 3) and in the build up in training and performing will look to peak for a late spring marathon on a super flat course to post what I think I capable of... What that time will be only time and training will tell...

For now though its rest, Parkruns and Cross Country...

No comments:

Post a Comment